Monday, December 2, 2013

The life of Sarah Gordo

Hi, my name is Sarah Gordo. I am a 12 and I live with my brother, a 9, and my parents, a 32 and a 40 on 1200004500321123 Gordo Street. My moms name is Anna Gordo, my dad's Henry Gordo, and my brothers is Tomas Gordo. I work at the House of Old because I have always wanted to help people. I like talking to the people because they know so much about life. They have been through so much in life and they aren't afraid to pass down their wisdom to other people.Nobody knows this, but I now know about the society and its secrets. I know that they watch us but I mean they have to keep control of us somehow, right? Well, that's enough about me. I have to respect my family members and to do that I must also speak about them.

My brother is more than excited to get his bike and I'll admit that I helped him ride it a couple of times. Okay, maybe more than a couple of times. Anyway, I hope he becomes a Nurturer. That would have been my second choice, so if he becomes one, then it's just as good as if I'm one. The way he's going though, I think he going to become a Pilot. That wouldn't be too bad though, because he could fly me around but still...I hope he's a Nurturer.  Plus I think that the Nurturers get their wives more quickly because everyone wants to marry a Nurturer. Nobody would mind being with Tomas though, no matter what he is. He's that good looking. Anyway, enough about my brother.

I guess I should also talk about my parents. My mom is a nurturer and my dad is a Pilot. My mom loves her job but I think my dad secretly hates his. I would tell him to apply for an appeal but he'd never admit that he hates his job. My parents don't really talk about themselves so that's all I know.

We'll I think that's enough talk for today. I probably bored you because all the families are like this. The kids aren't all the same age but there are only a few jobs so lots of people have the same job.Well I'm going to go help some old people so I have to go. Bye!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this story and I like the ending, I think I explains the givers society because everyone is the same so everything's boring. I really like how you put this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you provided lots of information about you're person and description. I also liked how it seems like an actually person; with voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one big address. Their must be a whole lot o houses in that town for a number like that. Their would have to be at least 1,200,004,500,321,123 houses in that town! That is a lot of houses! Id suggest lowering that number to five digits at the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was really cool how you incorporated the event of getting a bike. Also you used words they would use in the giver which makes it even more realistic

    ReplyDelete