Monday, December 2, 2013

The Giver Autobiography

Harry Fort


Hi, I'm Harry Fort. I live on 59 Harbor street. My family unit consists of my wife, Lucy and two children, Anna and Charlie. Lucy is a thirty-seven. She works as a nurturer. Anna is an eleven. She spends most of her volunteer hours at The House of the Old. She loves working with the older ones. Charlie is only a four. He loves his comfort object. It's called a giraffe.
            I'm a thirty-nine. My job is a Pilot. My father was a pilot as well. As Iwas growing I wanted to be a nurturer. I always loved working with the children. But that changed when I was a ten. I started to love the idea of flying high over the ground. I remember the ceremony of twelve. The announcer walked along the line of children and was giving them their jobs. Then he came to me. I closed my eyes as he said, "Pilot."

3 comments:

  1. I really liked how you added that the child loved his comfort object.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you ended with the guy telling him that he's going to be a pilot. I

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also Iiked how you said family unit because I think that that showed a big part of what the society's like

    ReplyDelete