Tuesday, November 26, 2013

       Hi, my name is Aspen Collins. I am a female 11.  I live with my mother Stacey, who is a 33, my father Chuck, who is also a 33, and my younger brother Drew who is a 5 and obsessed with his comfort object, a small lion he takes everywhere he goes. We live on the corner of 24th, and 23ed street in a very small community.
       I can't wait for the ceremony of 12!  I want to be a Cargo Pilot just like my father.  My mother says that I shouldn't worry about the ceremony of 12. But I'm still nervous about it.  What if the elders give me a job that I don't enjoy and I am stuck doing it for my entire life, that would be devastating.  No, devastating is to strong of a word, that would be terrible is what I meant to have said.  My younger brother doesn't understand the importance of the ceremony of 12, he is still young so I guess that's all I could ever expect.
      Now, to tell you a little bit about myself.  I am taller than most of the other 11s in my group, and have long dark hair.  I think I have light eyes, but I'm not certain, I haven't looked in a mirror sense I was a 9. I have clear medium skin and a small pointy nose.  I look nothing like my mother or father, but it guess that makes sense because, after all I'm not related to them.  I came from a birth mother that I will never meet.
      I hope you've enjoyed reading about me and my family.

5 comments:

  1. I liked your post. It had lots of details and it sounds like this came straight from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description in the fist paragraph was really good. I also like how you described yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you gave the information of how you wanted to follow in your father Chucks foot steps. Makes it sound like you really are excited about the ceremony rather than just saying you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very descriptive and detailed. You used so much info from the book, that it made the reader feel like they. We're listen to Aspen. You are a very good writer! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Megan, I really got to know Aspen and his family. Also the name Chuck doesn't fit in.

    ReplyDelete